This honey garlic shrimp recipe is quick and easy to prepare. Ready in 20 minutes, this healthy dinner will join your regular dinner rotation. Serve with brown rice and vegetables, grill on skewers, or serve over salad.
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/4 cup soy sauce (I use reduced sodium)
- 1 Tablespoon minced garlic
- optional: 1 teaspoon minced fresh ginger
- 1 lb medium uncooked shrimp, peeled & deveined
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- optional: chopped green onion for garnish
- Whisk the honey, soy sauce, garlic, and ginger (if using) together in a medium bowl.
- Place shrimp in a large zipped-top bag or tupperware. Pour 1/2 of the marinade mixture on top, give it all a shake or stir, then allow shrimp to marinate in the refrigerator for 15 minutes or for up to 8-12 hours. Cover and refrigerate the rest of the marinade for step 3. (Time-saving tip: while the shrimp is marinating, I steamed broccoli and microwaved some quick brown rice.)
- Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Place shrimp in the skillet. (Discard used marinade.) Cook shrimp on one side until pink– about 45 seconds– then flip shrimp over. Pour in remaining marinade and cook it all until shrimp is cooked through, about 1 minute more.
- Serve shrimp with cooked marinade sauce and a garnish of green onion. The sauce is excellent on brown rice and steamed veggies on the side.
- Shrimp: You can remove the tail or leave it on. Whatever’s easiest! I recommend using fresh shrimp, but you can use frozen. Thaw before marinading and cooking. If using frozen cooked shrimp, thaw, marinate, and cook as directed. You’ll really just be heating the shrimp up in the sauce.
- Using leftover marinade is a debated topic. While you could boil it to rid any contamination, the flavor could possibly change. But do what you’d like. Usually I just make a little extra (like we do here) to use as the sauce
- Adapted from Pop Culture
You can find this article and more at https://sallysbakingaddiction.com/quick-healthy-dinner-20-minute-honey-garlic-shrimp/
Yes, it does & healthy too!