YIELD: 2 TO 4
Thai Coconut Curry Shrimp Noodle Bowls
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1/2 pound raw peeled and deveined shrimp, patted dry
- 1/2 sweet onion, sliced
- 1/2 red bell pepper, sliced
- 1/2 orange bell pepper, sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly grated ginger
- 2 tablespoons red curry paste
- 1/3 cup sugar snap peas
- 1 (14-ounce) can full-fat coconut milk
- 1 (14-ounce) can light coconut milk
- 6 ounces cooked rice noodles or soba noodles… or spaghetti!
- 3 tablespoons fresh chopped cilantro
- 2 green onions, sliced
Heat a large skillet over medium heat and add 2 tablespoons of the coconut oil. Add in the shrimp and cook until opaque and pink on both sides. Sprinkle with salt and pepper Remove the shrimp and place it in a bowl off to the side.
Add the remaining coconut oil to the pot. Stir in the onions, peppers, more salt, and pepper and stir to toss. Cover and cook until the vegetables have slightly softened, about 5 minutes. Add in the garlic, ginger and curry paste and stir to coat. Cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, scraping the bottom. Add in the snap peas and coconut milk. Increase heat and bring the mixture to a boil, then reduce the heat to low, cover and cook for 5 minutes. Stir in the shrimp and cilantro and cook for 5 minutes more.
To serve, place a handful of rice noodles in a bowl and cover with the shrimp curry. Top with extra cilantro or green onions.